Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The move is complete

On september 28th was the start of the move into our new home. We started the first trip around 8:30 friday morning and tried moving as many boxes and some stuff like the stove and freezer to have less to do on saturday. We had help from both of our parents, our brothers and it went quite well. We only took 1 break for lunch and finished for the day around 8-8:30. We slept back at the appartment anxiously awaiting the return to our new home. Saturday morning we had to get up around 7 to go and get the Uhaul truck rental and then started packing almost immediately. We received even more help I think we were about 10-11 at 1 time. Good thing we did alot on friday because the truck and van were absolutely jam packed when we left. We were done at the appartment probably around 1ish which was faster then even expected and then it only took us about 40 minutes to unpack everything into the house. It didnt take long for stuff to get placed either, both our mothers cleaned and placed all of the dishes and kitchen supplies on friday and already with the help of a friend on saturday night most of the living room was setup.

We continued going at it at slow paces during the next few days but by mid week most of the stuff was already settled in. Sure a few boxes here and there but nothing really in the way.
We haven't spent much time alone at the house which is always normal at the beginning, we dont mind the company however. It was weird to be alone on that first sunday knowing that this was ours, nobody to tell us what to do or when to do it.

The move was really a success except for maybe the minor inconveniences of the fridge being dented by the movers and also then not fitting in our place, and then also the pedestrals of the dryer was also scratched. Not the biggest issues in the world because we will be taking care of that asap.

The first real change we had was the first working morning for Roxie, we woke up I believe around 6 am and left the house no later then 6:35-6:40 and it litterally took us 1 hour to get to her job, which in hull took us about 12 minutes. So that was a real wake up call. However ever since we have started taking another road and we normally get to her work in about 30 minutes which is still longer thenbefore but now we come home to a house which makes it all worth it.

Its real long for me especially if I drop her off to work and then head right to mine down in the deep end of ottawa. It will take me about 45 minutes after dropping her off. Somedays I just come back home and wait for the traffic to die down and go to work for around 10-10:30.

Other then the big move, well one of the main reasons we wanted a house or id say more one of the first things we wanted to buy for our new home was a projector in our basement. It took us about 1 full week but we ended up buying the long wished projector. It is absolutely great, amazing experience for watching movie. The first one we started watching was The Jungle Book which I had purchased at walmart for such a low price but we never finished it, the first movie we watched entirely was Jurrassic Park while we had a movie night with friends. Next time its got to be back to the future :).

Life has been quite good to us for the most part however ive hit at times a bump in the road for my work. It's a carreer that can be so rewarding but it takes time and sometimes I feel like I won't have enough time to wait. There is goals in place for me to keep me going on the in house financing but at times im having a hard time keeping it up. I have tons of stuff in the works, many people tell me they will eventually take something from me which is great but in the meantime its a battle. I need a total of 900$ first year commissions approved by November 2nd and I really hope I will be able to get it. I have spoken to a few people recently and I will probably be travelling outside of the area for a few days in hopes of closing a few sales.

The reason why I dont want to quit this job is because I love what I do. Not once or very rarely did I ever say that working at Bell, or even previous jobs, right now I know that Im in a business of helping people even more then myself. Ive been through alot with the car accident in 2005, ever since my life as done a total 180 and I feel that I have no more protection in case my back gets even much worst and I am trying to prevent people from having that same problems. Alot of us have insurances through work however that insurance belongs to WORK as a group and not individually although many will argue I can assure you alot of it is gone at retirement. I want for everyone I know to remain financially successful and in their own world if something were to happen to them.

Many advisors dont like approaching friends and family, while others do and im one of them. I think it is important to make people aware around you of the different risks that occur and how we can protect your most important thing, your paycheck and lifestyle.

I am sure that with time if I have enough patience and money to work on this I will be successful because word of mouth goes along way in this industry and with time I will have many more clients who could reffer me. Im keeping my hope alive on this one.

As you can see I had quite alot to talk about as its been so long since I have really taken the time to write.

Roxie and a friend of ours have started to work out on a regular basis which I find great, it as also helped me restart again. Last December I had started working out and eating really well, everything was going fine but that time of the year isnt the best to start with all the temptations. I have really never retook control of it since. Its weird because I was suck a normal size person that even now I have a hard time seing myself as bigger. I have always told myself that whenever I would really want to lose weight that I would and it wouldnt take much effort well the longer I wait the harder it will get. I will try and lose for myself about 60 lbs by my birthday. Something reasonable and if I go over that even better.

I will keep you updated on this journey, maybe I will post every week how much I have lost to keep me motivated.

Stay tuned guys....

No comments: