Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Beginning!

A new chapter in my life started on January 28th when I started at my new job, that's right I no longer work in the independant business, which was one of the hardest things ive ever had to do. I never in my life thought id find a job that I actually loved outside of sports or movies and it happened. Only issues with the job was really being able to build a solid list of clienthele which is not easy at first and easy to lose motivation. I have found a true passion in finances and business and really feel like it's a huge part of me for some time now. The truth behind it is, when im talking to people about ideas of markets it makes me feel important, like I truly can help people out here, without it becoming extremely repetitive. After working for a job at Bell and doing the same things over and over I told myself I must find a job that changes every single day, and what better then the markets. To come back to my new job, I started working for a well known bank as a Financial Service Representative and after 3 full weeks I must say that I absolutely LOVE it. I feel alive when im at work, like people are actually counting on me.

The role of a financial service Rep is to really support your clients, analyze their personal needs and find the proper solutions for them. Every single client that comes through that door is a different type of prospect with different needs which makes it really challenging but rewarding at the same time. My goal obviously isn't to always remain as a FSR it is to build within the company and really the industry. RIght now I have set myself some really important goals, firston the list is to obtain my mutual fund license which is a must to continue in this current job. Then id like to look into obtaining my CFA license and CFP as it would really give me alot of openings worldwide. This industry isn't for anyone you must be ready for ups and downs, but as you can see im truly ready. I still can't understand how ive been given this great opportunity as normally people in this position have a bachelors degree in finances/administration or business and all I have is the communication skills to provide solutions to clients but in all honesty that is probably the most important quality.

I rewatched Pursuit of Happyness tonight and after reading most of the book so far, this guys life " Chris Garner" really motivates me to achieve all of my goals, life may seem hard but we haven't seen the truly tough days like he experienced. Anything is possible and I think it speaks really well about this job.

I am so passionate about work right now and really want to suceed in life and this is my chance.
Looking back on my early part of adulthood not once ive I felt this way about work and life in general, it is something that I look forward to every day and it's a huge part of my life. I must thank my gf for giving me the right amount of time in pursuing my goals and even if it didn't quite pay off in the insurance industry it did provide the much needed experience I needed for this role.

I will keep you updated on work but also just about things in general, I should write to you daily but it's impossible in my situation.

Till next time, take it easy!

No comments: