Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Number 23

For about a week we had plans on going to see the new Jim Carrey movie , Number 23. I couldn't wait as after viewing the trailers the movie looked realll good. We were laying down talking yesterday my gf and I, she had went on imdb and told me the rating was 3.1/10 which I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Kept telling her she must be kidding and she said "maybe" however she isn't one to lie usually or what I like to call it exagerate :).

Once our friends showed up I decided to go check on imdb and noticed the rating being 7.4/10 so yeah she got me :).

It was the first time we have gone to see a movie on its opening night in a long time. It was packed.

All I can say about the movie is "Brilliance". I absolutely loved it. I knew I would because I am one of the small percentage of people who think Carrey can do other genres then comedy. Some of my favorite movies of all time are Truman Show,Ethernal Sunshine and The Majestic. So I had high expecations. The movie was original and the acting was very good.

I heard a comment after the movie that simply put a grin on my face because I knew it was going to happen someone sitting behind us said" well that sucks Jim Carrey is supposed to make you laugh" my reaction was WTH. What did you expect from this movie, A grinch type story seriously!!!!

Anyways for everyone out there, go see this movie, give it a chance and im sure that 9 out of 10 of you will love it. Which percentage are you :)

No comments: