Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Poker

Like I mentionned in my profile I have been a havid poker player and it has been great times.
There is so many players today that it makes it real easy to get to games anywhere now. I much prefer the live game atmosphere because there is nothing like being in a room with people who are all there for the same reason, come out victorious.

Many would say poker is a game of chance and luck like any other card game, I rather think of it of a game of art. Anybody can win a tournament but the real players are the ones that make money constantly.

I don't think there is many things in this world id rather be doing then a professional poker player maybe something in the sports industry or movies however poker is real close.

For the past few years ive been playing alot of online poker, ive been through many different sites and many ups and downs, lately things have been good for me I finished 2nd of a field of over 500 in a Limit holdem tournament that I had entered by mistake on party poker, and then the same week I finished 7th out of a field over 700.

As for live games I played in a tourney last thursday and didn't fare to well, really was disapointed with the way I performed but it was a bunch of new players, and my strenght is reading others. Next time I am sure I will do much better or at least I hope so.

There will be updates in the future for every tournament I am involved in.

For the last two days my game as been great but real unlucky which has left be shaking my head. Example, tonight I had a AQ flop came down A Q K, I raised 500$ with the pot at that point at 500$, the player calls. Turn J I push all in for 2200 and he had 2400 left and insta called with pocket 9s. Obviously at this point I knew I was ahead but drawing dead as I could envision the 9 hit the river and sure enough it did.

I hate talking about bad beats because most of us experience them on a daily basis however these past two days have been rough so I will take a breather.

Hope you are enjoying the blog and I assure you there will be all kinds of topics.

No comments: